Maple Pecan Vegan Brownies
Vegan Maple Pecan Brownies tick the boxes of stupidly simple, ultra quick and of course gluten and refined sugar free!
2 tablespoons of chia seeds (soaked for 5-10 minutes in 3 tablespoons of water)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup melted cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 tin of drained red kidney beans
1 cup of coconut milk (I use the Pureharvest coconut milk)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup and a handful of whole pecans for decoration on top of the brownie mix
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
2. Soak chia seeds in water for 5-10 minutes
3. Put all ingredients in to blender/food processor except pecans. Blend until smooth.
4. Stir in chopped pecans.
5. Pour mixture in to a small lined or coconut oiled baking tray.
6. Coat extra pecans in maple syrup and place on top of the mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
8. Cool on a drying rack.
They will be super fudge-y and can be kept in the fridge.
Enjoy warm with a cup of rooibos chai!