Raspberry & Buckwheat Pancakes
The base for these can literally be used for any flavouring you want to add. For the case of this exercise, my naturopathic self is going to suggest NOT topping these with 5 scoops of vanilla ice-cream and drowning them in maple syrup. Surely, that is part of my duty of care right?
Things I can suggest you add;
- Blueberries - antioxidant little baubles and not too sweet!
- Raspberries - heated, fresh, in, on top - the possibilities are endless.
- Passionfruit - my obsession is so real now that my dear friend has a backyard full of fruiting passionfruit vines.
- 1/2 a banana - cut up and put in or on top (Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes should always be playing in the background if using this option)
- Coyo - vanilla is my favourite, avoid going over board with this as well.
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
3/4-1 cup of coconut milk (I use the Pureharvest Coco Quench)
1 tsp organic vanilla
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
pinch of salt
(can add 1/4 cup of walnuts for a better flavour)
Put in all ingredients in the blender.
Use coconut oil to fry in the pan.
Can add fruit to the pancakes before you flip them.
Handful of raspberries heated and mashed into a sauce
1-2 tablespoons of Coyo vanilla coconut yoghurt
These are the perfect balance of protein, fat and carb for a delicious breakfast sans refined sugar!